четверг, 28 апреля 2016 г.

Toad Ghoul Troll, Geiger the Goblin and some little dude.

I suck at planning. I am more like a "I want to make a troll today" person. So I made two busts - Geiger the Goblin and Toad Ghoul the Troll... And then I was chatting with my BFF on the phone and made a sketch of the second goblin. He's small because I was too lazy to go and grab more clay...

Full story under the cut...


By the way I want to thank my Instagram pals for suggesting names for my characters. This is a cool thing and I want to make this a tradition.
A few more photos of Geiger

Geiger is one of those guys that are so tricky and sly so you don't know if you like them or not.
Sculpting this guy I was trying to improve my technique of speedsculpting - I wanted to make him look rough but understandable at the same time. I want to have this skill in order to be able to use my time efficiently. To be honest I don't have that much time to sculpt so I've got to work fast and precise))

Ok moving on - Toad Ghoul the Troll. Although he's a good looking guy I hated the idea of making him as a bust. And this is where the difficult part is - he's huge, he's enormous. And then I remembered about Shiflett's and how they talk about profits of using the foil so I decided to give it a shot
The thickness of castilene layer here is only about 3 to 5 mm. Of course there are thicker parts - his belly for example.
And one more important thing. I was always struggling to form a cool overall shape with my details and that was really stupid of me. This time I just did a desirable eggplant shape and then enhanced it with details.
We'll see how it goes. See you next time.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий